Today we are being blasted with a storm. Supposedly its the outreaching parts of some hurricane up in Washington....but that doesn't make much sense to me. Washington is a long way away and I can't imagine winds getting through all those mountains and still maintaining their 65 mph constancy. Wherever its from though, it is BIG! This is a quote from our morning paper: "National Weather Service forecasters warned of roof-ripping, tree-toppling, power-pole-snapping winds gusting to 65 mph." Have a nice day!
You know whats even weirder than those winds? The fact that the weather service was right. Currently two buildings, the post office and the Fed-Ex building, have lost their roofs. Streets everywhere are closed due to trees and power lines developing a habit of smashing down on the roads, making travel quite hazardous. Roughly 20,000 people are without electricity, and the list goes on and on. Roads closed, accidents on roads meaning more roads closed, trees falling closing more roads, poles falling on roads closing them. See what I mean? We can't go anywhere. So I've been spending the extra time doing something productive. No, I haven't been doing that homework, cleaning my room or taking down decorations. I have been serenading the house to "They Call the Wind Mariah"!
Mom and dad just announced they are going to the gym and ran out the door. Maybe they don't like my singing? Nah, that can't be it. They just feel like working out...in a gym that probably doesn't have a roof anymore....
Anyway, I'm off. Gotta learn that second verse before they get back!
Friday, January 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha! Paint Your Wagon will come through for any occasion! I thought we had bad winds down here, not compared to you guys! Love Ya!
Post a Comment